In terms of ride variety and quality, QEII Park’s new 5-slide attraction was a quantum step up from any other municipal hydroslides in New Zealand, at that time, heralding the beginning of WhiteWater West’s dominance of the New Zealand hydroslides market, from 2005 until the present day.While, overall, New Zealand was still, clearly, many years behind the rest of the world, we finally had a significant installation of truly international-standard hydroslides, and the market again took notice.In response to this market interest, Paul and Grant formed Waterslides New Zealand Limited in 2008 (later renamed WhiteWater New Zealand Limited) to act as WhiteWater West’s New Zealand sales agent and installer.WhiteWater New Zealand has now overseen the installation of several international-standard WhiteWater West hydroslides, including.
- 2 Super Bowls,
- an open-flume speed slide,
- an AquaSphere hydroslide,
- a colourful aquatube body slide,
- New Zealand’s largest hydroslide the new ‘Conical Thrill’ (Boomerango) mega-slide at Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools Spa
- along with several themed and unthemed AquaPlay multi-level, interactive play structures.